2011년 8월 9일 화요일

hunger games

Paraphrase
“The heat is horrible, but worse than the heat is the smoke, which threatens to suffocate me at any moment. I pull the top of my shirt up over my nose, grateful to find it soaked in sweat, and it offers a thin veil of protection. And I run, choking, my bag banging against my back, my face cut with branches that materialize from the gray haze without warning, because I know I am supposed to run.”
 "The heat is horrible, but smoke is worse, which can make me die of no air even now. I covered my nose with my shirt, thankful that it is soaked because of sweat, and it gives me a small protection. I run, my bag swinging, my face scratched from branches that appears suddenly from the smoke, because I know I need to run."

Summary
 This book tells about hunger games at Katniss Everdeen, the main character's view. She is from district12, and she provides food for her family by hunting because her father died in the coal mine. Once in a year, two children, one boy and one girl from a district, need to play in hunger games, and fight to death. This year, her little sister was chosen, so she went for her. The other boy, is Peeta Mellark, the baker's son. They had opening ceremony and interview. After a week, the hunger games started. Hunger game, is 24 players fighting each other, and only one can live. At there, she met a girl named Rue, from district11, and she was attracted to her because she looked like her sister. After Rue saved her life, she teamed up with her, but after a while, Rue was killed by another player, and she shot the player. After that, audience needed another attraction. At the interview, Peeta said that he had a crush on Katniss, so this was the chance of game makers. They changed the rule, and said that two players from same district could win together. she eventually finds Peeta, but he was in bad shape, so she made him healthy again. By then, only three players were left including them.  They all was gathered, and the wolves mixed with the dead players were around them. Katniss shoot the left player except district12. They won, but the announcer told them thare's only one winner, so  they tried double suicide, and then the announcer said they won. Peeta discovered that Katniss was't in love with him, and Katniss discuvered that Peeta was really in love with her, but they pretended for the adience , once more in the platform

댓글 1개:

  1. I absolutely love this book! I haven't had a chance to check out the next two ones in the series, though :(

    - Yerin TA

    답글삭제